5 Drinks to Keep you Warm this Winter
Don’t freeze this winter season! Here are 5 must-try drinks to keep you warm before, during and after you hit the slopes this winter.
1. The Colorado Toddy from The Living Room at Hotel Jerome. Relax in a plush arm chair by the fire as you enjoy the ultimate “Warm your Soul” drink; a mixture of Stranahan’s CO Whiskey, Chamomile tea, local honey, and fresh lemon.
2. Declared “America’s best Hot Chocolate” by Travel + Leisure the cocoa at The Little Nell is famous in Aspen by visitors and locals alike. The infamous concoction is made with Valrhona’s single origin chocolate, cocoa powder, half-and-half, granulated sugar, and a pinch of salt. The cocktail can also be “Supersized” with Amaretto, Bailey’s, or Frangelico.
3. The Hot Spiced Wine at Bonnie’s Restaurant on Aspen Mountain. Not only do you have to leave the slopes to enjoy this delicious beverage, but you can also grab one of their cheese platters and sit on the two-tiered outside deck enjoying the afternoon sunshine.
*Photo Courtesy of Matt Power
4. Monk’s Revenge cocktail from Hooch Craft Cocktail Bar. From the Basil Hayden Bourbon and maple syrup to the Green Chartreuse, this is the idyllic cold weather cocktail.
5. Afternoon Après Tea at the St. Regis Aspen. A tradition that has been carried on since the early 1900s, this more relaxing après experience features “two leaves” loose leaf tea, finger sandwiches, house-made scones, local honey, and more. We also recommend the Hot Buttered Rum if you’re looking for more of a kick.
*Reservations are advised 24 hours in advance for the Afternoon Après Tea.
Looking for more delicious eats? Checkout our Restaurants & Nightlife page here.