7 Activities To Do This Father’s Day In Aspen
- Start Father’s Day off by taking Dad to the Farewell Feast at Hotel Jerome hosted by the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. There he can enjoy dishes from celebrity chefs around the world, not to mention an unlimited supply of all the bubbly cocktails he wants! Grab your tickets here.
- Work off that brunch by taking Dad hiking on The Grottos Trail. Located east on Highway 82 towards Independence pass, Grottos Trail is the perfect place for families with its scenic rock formations and natural water features. You can also pack a picnic and wander past the trail’s Ice Caves to enjoy photo-worthy waterfalls and cascades, or check out one of these local hikes.
- If Dad is more of a biker, take him on the Rio Grande Trail up to the eccentric Woody Creek Tavern. He’ll enjoy a relaxing leisure ride as the trail to Woody Creek Tavern is mostly downhill with even terrain and enjoyable views of the Roaring Fork River. Upon arrival Dad can enjoy great Mexican food and classic margaritas. Had one too many margaritas? Not to worry! There are shuttle services that will take your family and bike back to Aspen for only $5.
- If it’s typical Aspen sunny weather, take Dad for a float along the Roaring Fork River through the North Star Nature preserve. You can rent Paddleboards, Floats, Kayaks, or any other floating device from various sports shops in Aspen. The water is slow-moving, peaceful, scenic, and suitable for floaters at all levels. Be sure to remain courteous, however, because most of the River goes through private backyards. The whole family will certainly appreciate this outdoor experience.
- Experience the Roaring Fork Valley from the green by taking Dad to one of Aspen’s picturesque golf courses. No matter what level of golf Dad is, there is no doubt that everyone will have an exceptional time with stunning vistas straight from the course. Refer here on where to find the best places to hit the green in Aspen.
- For Dad’s inner fisherman, check out Aspen’s favorite fishing spots such as Maroon Lake, Roaring Fork River, Frying Pan River, and Twin Lakes. He’ll be sure to find trout filled rivers and streams to guarantee a perfect day outside.
- Close out the day by taking Dad to view the famous Aspen sunsets on Smuggler Mountain. Park alongside Smuggler Road or take Dad on a hike up the mountain. From there you’ll get an overlooking view of the town of Aspen and a breathtaking sunset view over the mountains. This will not only will be the perfect ending for a great Father’s Day for Dad, but also the whole family.