7 Reasons To Visit Aspen This December
Planning a trip to Aspen this winter? Aspen is an ideal holiday destination and December kicks off the high season with a surge of changes in town. From new places to dine, to annual coveted events, here are 7 reasons why you should visit Aspen this December:
1. New Restaurants- Jimmy's is opening up the world's smallest speakeasy, Mini Jimmy's, inside their restaurant this winter season. Inside the speakeasy guests will have the option of enjoying either an exclusive wine tasting guided by Wine Director Greg Van Wagner or a spirits tasting guided by Jessica Lishcka, General Manager, with a selection of mezcal, scotch or Japanese whisky. Available for parties of 3 maximum, guests can book their tastings via Airbnb Experiences or by calling Jimmy's directly. Also making it's way to Aspen this winter is popular New York seafood restaurant Conca del Sogno for an Aspen residency at the Chef's Club located inside the St. Regis Aspen Resort. Additional eateries coming to town include Duemani, Almresi and The Ranch Room.
2. 12 Days of Aspen – During the 12 Days of Aspen downtown is a winter wonderland bursting with holiday cheer. From December 20-31, celebrate the holidays with free ice-skating, concerts and carolers, visits with Santa’s reindeer, cookies, hot cocoa, s’more making parties, and more! Click here for more information.
3. New Art- As a part of Bauhaus 100: Aspen celebration, Aspen Historical Society presents “bayer and bauhaus: how design shaped aspen” opening December 4, 2018. This new exhibit delves into the profound influence of Herbert Bayer’s work on Aspen. The exhibit will live in the Wheeler Stallard Museum until March 2020.
4. Film–Aspen Film's 27th Annual Academy Screenings return December 26 –30, highlighting 15 films actively campaigning for Academy Award consideration. This film series is one of the only of its kind in the country.
6. NYE Party Central- From dinners to concerts, intimate parties and more, make your plans now for New Year’s Eve here.
7. So. Much. Snow! Thanks to an abundance of early season snow, two of the four mountains in Aspen Snowmass opened early this year, with more and more terrain opening daily. For snow and terrain updates click here. Not a skier? Not a problem! Check out these activities you can enjoy off the slopes.