7 Tips for Experiencing the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen
It’s that time of the year again! The annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen returns to town June 14- 16. For all of the foodies and wine connoisseurs wondering what to pack or where to go other than the Grand Tasting tent, we’ve got you covered. Check out our 7 tips from Aspen locals on how to make the most out of your weekend at the Food & Wine Classic.
- Experience Aspen in all its early summer glory! Plan some time for a hike up the Ute Trail or Hunter Creek, a bike ride on the Rio Grande Trail, a visit to the Maroon Bells or a run out the East Aspen trail. Get out on the Roaring Fork River for Stand-Up Paddleboarding with Aspen Kayaking and Stand Up Paddling or rafting on Class IV Slaughterhouse with Aspen Whitewater. Check out what else is going on in town this weekend with our summer calendar.
2. Proper Attire: During the classic, you spend a lot of time standing and walking. Don't make the mistake of wearing your newest Manolos. Head to local shop O2 Aspen for some espadrilles that boast the perfect summer style with comfort. Also don’t forget a hat and sunglasses! Check out all of your options for attire here. Proper attire also means SUNSCREEN, don’t leave your hotel room without it!
3. Coffee. After a night out, wake up with the perfect latte, espresso, cappuccino or matcha green tea from Victoria’s.
4. A bike: As you can see instantly, in Aspen a bike is even more important than a car. Aspen’s answer to bike-sharing is We-cycle, allowing locals and visitors a bike when they need it and where they need it, with more than 100 bikes and 15 stations around town.
5. If you need a last minute Father's Day gift (with all the wine & food, don't forget), Pitkin Country Dry Goods has fabulous shirts or check out Ute Mountaineer for the more active male in your life.
6. Wine...Yes you're drinking a lot of wine as it is. But when you need some for your pre- or post- partying, Aspen has excellent wineshops; including Of Grape & Grain with a compelling selection and knowledgeable guides.
7. Enjoy What's New at the FOOD & WINE Classic this year! New talent coming to the festival this year include Martha Stewart, JJ Johnson, David Keck, and more. Peroni, a new edition to the Classic, will be serving up signature Peroni cocktails along with pasta dishes in collaboration with Chef Line Miller Nicholson. Don't miss the Instagrammable Bottle, a 27 liter of the finest Cabernet Sauvignon debuted by wine speaker Mark Oldman. Coming in at 120 pounds, you won't want to miss your chance to witness a bottle of this size! The party continues into the night with new editions such as Last Call presented by American Express, chef collaboration dinners hosted by notable chefs Jason Vincent, Andrew Carmelinie with Kate Williams, and Jonarthan Waxman. On Sunday, don't miss the Farewell Feast with ten of FOOD & WINE's best new eateries presenting their top dishes. For more information on the weekend's schedule, click here.