8 Reasons Why You Should Book Your Winter Aspen Getaway Now
Fall is here and there’s a chill in the air. It’s almost that time of year to say goodbye to the warmer months and mountain bikes, and hello to winter boots and skis for the renowned winter in Aspen. The skiing and snowboarding in winter is a definite must-do, but Aspen also offers an array of additional winter activities and events that you don’t want to miss out on. Here are 8 reasons why you should book a winter getaway to Aspen today:
- Winter Après – Aspen is consistently recognized as the #1 for après ski in the country year after year. Take advantage of poolside cocktails or work your way down the street for locally brewed beers and live music. Check out out top picks for après ski here.
- 12 Days of Aspen – During the 12 Days of Aspen downtown is a winter wonderland bursting with holiday cheer. From December 20-31, celebrate the holidays with free ice-skating, concerts and carolers, visits with Santa’s reindeer, cookies, hot cocoa, s’more making parties, and more! Click here for more information.
- Wintersköl™ – Wintersköl returns for its 69th year this January 9-12, 2020. This “toast to winter” festival has numerous celebrations including a canine fashion show, WinterFest, Snow sculptures, fireworks, and much more, located throughout Aspen.
- Adventure Dining – Looking to add adventure to your dining experience? Take a sleigh ride, cross-country ski or snowshoe up through Ashcroft to Pine Creek Cookhouse for mountain fine dining and a breathtaking view.
- Film –The Aspen Film Academy Screenings return January 4 – January 7, highlighting 20 acclaimed films actively campaigning for Academy Award consideration. This film series is one of the best of its kind in the continental United States.
- X Games – Aspen continues to host the notorious winter X Games on January 23-26, 2020. Don’t miss this opportunity to see the greatest athletes compete in snowsports including ski and snowboard, slopestyle, superpipe, freestyle and big air.
- Mountain Fun – Perfect for a family adventure, mix it up and tube down Snowmass Mountain. Or, top off your ski day and tube down illuminated hillsides under the night sky on Ullr nights.
- One Pass, Four Mountains–Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk are all in close proximity to each other, conveniently accessible via the free bus system, each with their own characteristics.