Cinco de Mayo in Aspen
Cinco de Mayo is almost here, and you have all weekend to celebrate! Grab your margarita and tacos and check out this list on how to live it up for Cinco de Mayo in Aspen.
- Before beer and tacos, start your day with an Aspen Park Run at the Aspen Recreation Center. Hosted at 8:00 am every Saturday, the ParkRun is a community sponsored event that offers 5k timed runs on an organized route. Don’t miss out on the post-run coffee offered after the run! (0861 Maroon Creek Road)
- Join the Cinco de Mayo fiesta at Mi Chola, a hip and trendy restaurant serving up spiced Mexican fare in a fun environment. Starting at 11:30 am Mi Chola will be celebrating their 2nd annual opening with music, piñatas, delicious Mexican food, and lots of tequila specials! (411 E. Main St)
- Checkout the Northern Ute Drum Demonstration at the Aspen Art Museum. From 3-4 pm you’ll join members of the Northern Ute Tribe for a powerful interactive experience of the drum. (637 E. Hyman)
- Take a siesta at one of the endless parks in Aspen. Whether you choose to relax by the stream at John Denver Sanctuary, stay shaded in the gazebo at Paepcke Park, or toss the Frisbee at Wagner Park- you’ll be well rested for the night’s activities.
- Grab dinner at Su Casa, a local eatery serving up authentic Mexican food in a fun, lively atmosphere. Indulge in margaritas next door and play a game of pool and shuffleboard at Eric’s Bar. (315 E. Hyman)
- Head to the 5Point Film Fest Encore at The Wheeler Opera House. The event starts at 7:00 pm and allows you to see festival-winning films in this one night special. (320 E. Hyman Ave)
- Finish your night at Belly Up’s Cinco de Mayo Party featuring Policulture. Enjoy a night of celebration with drinks and dancing to Colorado’s own “Original Mountain Reggae Band”. Doors open at 9:30 pm with no cover until 10:30 p.m. (450 S. Galena Street)