New Winter Flights in Aspen for the 2017-18 Season
Weary Aspen winter commuters can now breathe a little easier with expanded frequency and connection hubs on United, Delta, and American for this upcoming winter. Fliers will now be able to find a variety of new choices for flights with Aspen Pitkin County Airport’s news on the expanded flight service for this approaching winter season. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect to see so you can start booking your Aspen winter vacation:
- United Airlines: Now offering approximately 25 flights daily from 5 key hubs into Aspen (DEN, ORD, IAH, LAX & SFO). The schedule is set to begin on December 21st and run through April 2nd and goes as follows:
- DEN: 9 daily peak season (7 daily Jan 8th-Feb 14th)
- ORD: 5 daily peak season (4 daily Jan 8th-Feb 14th)
- IAH: 4 daily peak season (3 daily Jan 8th-Feb 14th)
- LAX: 4 daily through April 2nd (one new daily flight year-round)
- SFO: 2 daily all winter season (3rd new flight Saturdays and Sunday during peak season)
- Delta Airlines: Now offering a total of 6 flights daily and an extra flight on Saturdays from SLC, LAX, ATL & MSP) over the holidays. After the holidays, Delta is offering 4 daily flights during peak season and 3 daily flights during the end of the winter season. Here’s what you can expect to see from Delta:
- SLC: 3 daily during holidays (2 daily Jan 7th-Apr 2nd)
- ATL: 1 daily flight and extending an additional week through Apr 2nd
- LAX: additional Saturday flights during holidays, one daily nonstop through Dec 21st -Jan 6th, and 6 daily per week (except Tuesdays) through Apr 2nd
- MSP: daily nonstop flights Dec 21st- Jan 6th and continuing on Saturdays Jan 13th- Mar 31st
- American Airlines: Now offering up to 8 daily flights from DFW, ORD, PHX, LAX) over the holidays and peak season. Here’s the breakdown from each hub:
- DFW: 4 daily throughout most of winter. American Airlines also recently announced plans to continue nonstop service from DFW year-round next spring with the addition of daily nonstop flights throughout next April and May.
- ORD: 2 daily for holidays and additional Saturday and Sunday flights offered Jan-Mar
- LAX: 1 daily flight Dec 15th - Apr 2nd
- PHX: Daily nonstop service (except Tues/Wed in January) starting on Dec 15th
More information and spreadsheets detailing weekly flights can be found here.
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport is located three miles from Aspen, the closest airport to any mountain resort destination. For information or to book flights and a vacation to Aspen or Snowmass, click here.