Summer Camps in Aspen for Kids
Summer is a wonderful time to visit Aspen with children. Free events, great lodging deals and healthy outdoor activities and food choices inspire children to connect with the outdoors and their families. Summer camps for kids in Aspen cater to a variety of interests including art, nature, theatre, history, farming and adventure.
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center engages and inspires young artists from ages four to 17 with all day and half-day four-day long workshops. Workshops begin in early June and continue throughout the summer season. The Ranch also offers workshops for adults from ceramics to painting, printmaking, sculpture and more. Anderson Ranch is sure to have a workshop to suit everyone with over 140 workshops offered this summer.
- Aspen Art Museum’s week long kids workshops are designed for children ages four to 14. Professional artists and educators guide participants through concept and material exploration. The workshops help expand children's understanding of contemporary art through hands-on projects, performances, group discussions and off-site excursions.
- The Red Brick Arts Center will offer different art-based summer camps throughout the season with the expertise of youth educator Liz Waters. Camps range for children ages six to 12 years and include experimenting with various forms of art such as clay, paper mache, paint and mixed media. Kids’ summer art camps kick off in July and continue through Aug. 18.
Theatre & History:
- Theatre meets history this summer with Aspen Historical Society’s Living History Camp for kids. Children will pick their favorite Aspen character and enjoy researching, writing and training with professionals throughout the camp for the final performance. Additional camps from Aspen Historical Society include a partnership with Aspen Art Museum and a 'playing with the past' series.
Theatre Aspen will offer a variety of programs for children from Pre-K through high school. The juniors programs for grades Pre-K though K-2 include activities with singing, dancing, puppetry, storytelling and more. Pre-teens can enjoy The Glee Factor and Movie Star Camp, and teens (grades 7-12+) can choose from the Summer Conservatory: Monty Python's Spamaloat or TAS Tech Company for summer options.
- Ajax Adventure Camp features day camps and overnight trips for kids to enjoy activities such as rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing, archery, camping, arts and crafts, and more over a nine-week period from June 12 to Aug. 13.
- Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) presents a mix of fun and educational kids' classes and five-day camps for children ages four to 18 at their Hallam Lake and Rock Bottom locations. Camp and workshop activities include learning about plant and animal identification, geography, map-and-compass navigation, outdoor risk management and decision-making, among many other options. ACES also offers adult courses and family programs, and a variety of free daily programs from June until September.
- Aspen T.R.E.E. (Together Regenerating The Environment Through education) offers educational classes and camps that allow children, ages six to 11, to connect with barnyard animals and plant sources that provide resources for the Roaring Fork Valley local food supply. Daily activities include interactions with farmyard animals, garden and farmyard exploration, nature discovery and community building activities.
- Camp Aspen Snowmass allows kids to enjoy on mountain activities such as downhill mountain biking, hiking, mountain boarding as well as daily camp activities including rafting, climbing, skateboarding, swimming and more. Daily camps run from June 5- Sept. 1, with teen-specific programs beginning July 11. Children ages three through teen can participate in Camp Aspen Snowmass’ many multi-day specialty programs.
*Early registration is encouraged for ALL summer camps in Aspen, as space is limited!
For a list of additional options of summer camps in Aspen click here.