Top 10 Aspen Spots to Capture the Perfect Instagram
Your friends are sure to “double tap” on these year-round, Insta-worthy locations.
- Maroon Bells: Being one of the most photographed spots in North America, the bells are a sure way to get that Instagram to hit double digits with its surrounding opening meadows, lakeside sunrises, and incredible natural views.
- Smuggler Mountain Observation Deck: With spectacular vistas of Aspen Mountain rising out of town, show your followers that the hike up was definitely worth it for that perfect photo. Double bonus, hike up just in time for sunset to capture the picturesque hues of orange and pink settling around the town of Aspen.
- Continental Divide, Independence Pass: The midway point between Aspen and Twin Lakes Colorado provides ample parking and a scenic 360 degree-view so you have multiple photo-op options to score the perfect Rocky-Mountain picture.
- Top of the Ute Trail: If you’re able to make the difficult 1000 vertical feet in .9-mile climb, it’s worth the picture to show off to your athleticism to followers and to showcase the view of Aspen looking up Independence Pass.
- Dancing fountain: Not only good for cooling off on a hot summer day, it’s also the perfect photo moment to capture adults and children dancing in the waters in the Hyman Avenue Fountain.
- Hyman Avenue Bear: While we don’t recommend snapping a picture with a real black bear (see wildlife safety tips here), we do suggest grabbing a picture with the “nail bear” located on the Hyman Avenue Mall.
- Top of Aspen Mountain: Braving the hike or riding the gondola up to the top is a must for anyone interested in capturing Aspen’s spectacular views. You’ll not only want to upload an Instagram, but print and save it into a frame as well.
- Historic Downtown Aspen: Immerse yourself and followers in the Aspen culture by snapping a picture in front of iconic spots such as the Wheeler Opera House or the lobby in Hotel Jerome.
- Red Butte Trail: This quick .6-mile trail offers red hued mounds and photo-worthy views of downtown Aspen and the Aspen Golf Course. Not to mention the surrounding mountains that will make any follower envious.
- John Denver Sanctuary: Named after the critically acclaimed songwriter and environmentalist, it’s no wonder that this is one of the most iconic photo spots in Aspen. Featuring one of the largest perennial flower gardens around and stone lyrics featuring the artist’s most beloved songs, it won’t be hard to find a photo here for that perfect shot.