What To Do This Labor Day Weekend In Aspen
Labor Day Weekend in Aspen has so many events and activities, holiday participants need that extra day just to fit everything in. From music festivals to volleyball tournaments, we have your go-to-guide for what to do this Labor Day in Aspen.
- JAS Labor Day Experience: Hosted outside at Snowmass Village, the JAS Labor Day Experience is an annual favorite for locals and visitors alike.. Top headliners featured at the festival include Weezer, John Mayer, Sting and many more. For General Admission, it’s suggested to pack a blanket and sit back on the lawn to relax and enjoy the music under the great outdoors. For concert goers looking for that extra service, premium ticket options are also available and include a VIP station, celebrity chef cooking tent, tax deduction, and VIP treatment on every level. Ticket purchasing information can be found here, be sure to get yours before they sell out!
- Motherlode Volleyball Classic: Held every year in Aspen over Labor Day Weekend for the past 47 years, this traditional tournament has transformed from a small BBQ party to one of the top pro-am events in volleyball. Volleyball enthusiasts across all over the world, from all different levels, flock to Aspen for this fun three-day tournament. Attendees are invited to sign up to play or watch and participate in the many parties all over town that the tournament brings to Aspen. Signup information can be found here.
- Hike up Ajax Mountain: Labor Day Weekend is the perfect opportunity to complete that end-of-summer hiking goal. The strenuous uphill climb will take around 2+ hours but the views at the top, lunch at Sundeck, and a free gondola ride down are well worth the hike. Hike up early on September 1st and get a chance to see Bluegrass Sundays that are held at noon-3pm outside Sundeck on top of Ajax Mountain.
- Bike up the Rio Grande Trail: Perfect for families and bikers of all levels, the flat Rio Grande Trail runs from the Aspen U.S. post office all the way to Glenwood Springs. The trail runs adjacent to the Roaring Fork River, so for the entire ride you can expect to see waterfalls, fisherman, and various wildlife on your bike ride.
- Go camping: Looking to get out of town on a budget over Labor Day Weekend? Pack up and pitch a tent at one of Aspen’s many nearby campgrounds. Public showers are available at the Aspen Recreation Center and The Red Brick for a daily admission fee. For a complete list of campgrounds, click here.
Ready to book your last-minute getaway? Click here to get started!