THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEERING FOR THE 2018 FOOD & WINE CLASSIC IN ASPEN
FOOD & WINE CLASSIC IN ASPEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Join the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen volunteer team. Experience three incredible days featuring cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, and panel discussions alongside world-renowned chefs and wine experts. As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to support the Aspen community and enjoy this leading culinary event.
We appreciate your participation! Volunteers will have access to the Grand Tastings and seminars on a space available basis during non-assigned work hours (access is determined based on hours committed and assigned shifts) as well as receive a thank you volunteer gift following the event.
Click here for the 2018 volunteer application
VOLUNTEERS: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MINIMUM VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older and furnish proof of age any time during the event
(No one under 21 permitted, including infants & small children in child carriers. This policy pertains to all events including cooking demonstrations, seminars, and Grand Tastings.)
- Good physical condition and ability to perform necessary tasks including lifting heavy objects and standing for long hours
- A full commitment to your entire assigned schedule
- Pass an online Volunteer Orientation (approximately 60-minute mandatory online course in May)
- Volunteers may be required to attend meetings specific to their committee prior to the event
- Pick-up your own credential pass in-person between June 12-14, 2018
- Every Volunteer must submit a complete online application - this includes all returning volunteers and Chairs
HOW ARE VOLUNTEERS ASSIGNED?
Returning Volunteers will be contacted by their committee chairs to register between March 1, 2018 and March 15, 2018. In most cases, returning volunteers will return to the same committee they worked last year. If a returning volunteer wishes to return but prefers to work on another committee, he/she can be moved so long as there is space available and will be assigned with priority before March 15, 2018 only. After March 15, all volunteers, returning or new, will be assigned on a first-registered, first-qualified basis. Volunteer selection considerations include: applicant has volunteered for The FOOD & WINE Classic in the recent past, past performance as a FOOD & WINE Classic volunteer, application submission date.
WHAT TRAINING IS REQUIRED TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
Mandatory volunteer orientation will be an online course that you take from your own computer. A link to the training will be sent to you via email in mid-May.
- Orientation must be completed before Friday, June 8, 2018
- Orientation must be complete prior to picking up your pass
- Orientation will count toward volunteer commitment hours
- Some volunteers will be required to attend meetings specific to their committee prior to the event
CONTACT THE FOOD & WINE CLASSIC IN ASPEN VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:
Email: [email protected]
Text or call: (970) 300-8112