ASPEN WINTER/SPRING 2018 UPDATES
Visitors have expanded options of new choices for flights with Aspen Pitkin County Airport’s news on the expanded flight service for this approaching winter season.
- American Airlines: Up to eight flights daily from four hubs Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), Phoenix (PHX) & Los Angeles (LAX) over the holidays and on peak weekends for the balance of the winter. Service from Phoenix Sky International Airport (PHX) is new for this winter with daily nonstop service (with the exception of Tuesdays and Wednesdays in January) beginning Dec 15.
- Delta Air Lines: A total of six flights daily plus an extra flight on Saturdays from four hubs (Salt Lake City (SLC), Los Angeles (LAX), Atlanta (ATL) & Minneapolis (MSP) over the holidays, then one daily flight for each city for the balance of the winter.
- United Airlines: There are between 20-25x flights daily from five hubs (Denver (DEN), Chicago (ORD), Houston(IAH), Los Angeles (LAX) & San Francisco (SFO). More information with detailed flight schedules can be found here.
- COMING SOON! Hotel Jerome will add six new keys (which can also function as two three-bedroom suites) in a new building adjacent to the historic Aspen Times building to in June 2018. The new rooms will allow Hotel Jerome to attract multi-generational families who desire a residential-designed room with the new units able to be configured in a variety of different ways. The Aspen Times building will house an old-fashioned barber shop as well as an entrance to a subterranean speakeasy-style bar. In addition, Hotel Jerome will unveil a new event space this June, which will open onto the courtyard and offer 735 square feet of event space, designed to accommodate weddings, meetings, and social events. (330 E. Main St.)
- COMING SOON! Aspen Meadows Resort will open a new Pavilion and renovated Reception Center in June 2018. With stunning views of the surrounding mountains from Aspen Mountain to Aspen Highlands to Buttermilk, the new Pavilion will incorporate a modern design aesthetic from Jeffrey Berkus Architects, while preserving key elements of the present architectural work. The addition of the Pavilion will provide an all-weather venue and outdoor deck space for events, weddings, and meetings accommodating up to 100 more guests. A new outdoor deck will be added to the existing Meadows Restaurant.
- COMING SOON! W Aspen and The Sky Residences at W Aspen is slated to open by spring 2019. The new hotel and residences are being designed by Nemaworkshop in partnership with local firm Rowland + Broughton Architecture and W’s in-house design team, offering 88 guestrooms and 11 W-branded fractional residences. Conveniently located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the development will also feature a 12,000 sq. ft. rooftop bar and pool, which will be open to the public with expansive views of Aspen Mountain.
FOOD & WINE NEWS
- NEW! Marble Bar Aspen, a Marble Distilling Co. concept and tasting room, opened over the winter season inside the Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen. The new bar serves up Colorado craft cocktails made with local Mable Distilling spirits, and farm-to-table small bites. (415 E. Dean St.)
- NEW! Aspen Brewing Company has moved from their old downtown space and opened a new taproom called “Aspen Tap.” Aspen Tap serves small bites for lunch and dinner, features select liquor and wines, and of course serves Aspen Brewing Company beer. (121 S. Galena St.)
- NEW! In addition to their new pool and courtyard, Hotel Jerome unveiled the Ice House, a new outdoor bar. The watering hole is surrounded by 9’ ice walls with a selection of vodkas for guests to enjoy. The Ice House will be open through the ski season.
- NEW! Silver City debuted this December in downtown Aspen. The mountain saloon and music destination hosts live music and serves up a wide selection of whiskeys and tequilas, as well as craft cocktails and small bites. (210 S. Galena St.)
- NEW! The Velvet Buck opened this December inside the St. Regis Aspen Resort. The restaurant serves up Colorado mountain fare with dishes such as elk and hearty stews. (315 E. Dean St.)
- COMING SOON! Austin-based eatery Clark’s Oyster Bar will expand with a new location in Aspen in June 2018. The unnamed Clark’s expansion will serve up seafood dishes, burgers, and more. (517 E. Hyman Ave.)
- COMING SOON! Local resident and restaurateur David Roth is opening Oakville Grocery Aspen, a new restaurant featuring farm-first products serving up breakfast and lunch. Oakville Grocery will also offer specialty items for purchase including locally made breads, meats, cheese and more. (201 E. Main St.)
ART, CULTURE AND RETAIL NEWS
- NEW! O2 Aspen relocated to a new space in downtown Aspen this December. The new yoga and pilates studio includes a street level retail space, three basement-floor spa treatment rooms, a health food café, and yoga and pilates space located upstairs with ample nature light and beautiful mountain views. (Cooper Ave.)
- NEW! Sweaty Betty opened in downtown Aspen over the winter season. The British retailer specializes in women’s activewear and has over 50 shops worldwide. (529 E. Cooper Ave.)
- NEW! Marcus Lemonis opened a mixed brand luxury store named “Marcus” in downtown Aspen. The store offers a variety of contemporary womenswear lifestyle selections. (501 E. Hyman Ave.)
- NEW! Kemo Sabe moved into a new multi-level store location in downtown Aspen. The new space offers a full bar upstairs for private events, as well as a two-bedroom residence (known as “The Penthouse”) housed above the store with its own personal concierge. (217 S. Galena St.)
- NEW! Maker + Place offers one-of-a-kind handcrafted home and lifestyle wares from all over the world. They bring production into the retail environment by offering open-air studios to local craftspeople and by inviting the customer to take part in the creation process. One of their craftspeople is weaver Clarity Elise Fornell, who has the goal of creating pieces with less waste and more intention. Clarity focuses on the change of thought processes in appreciating and honoring the tradition and beauty in utilitarian goods and home wares. (315 E. Hyman Ave.)
- NEW! D’Angelico Guitars will open a retail storefront in Aspen in late November. The shop, located across from the Wheeler Opera house, will sell D’Angelico electric, acoustic and bass guitar, as well as amplifiers, headphones, apparel and more. (240 S. Mill St.)
WINTER SKI DEALS
This winter, there are incredible deals on lift tickets, ski and snowboard school lessons, equipment rentals, and complete vacation packages for the 2017-2018 ski season.
- Kids Ski Free Package: Rent kids equipment (ages 7 – 12) from Four Mountain Sports, and receive one free kids lift ticket. Valid Jan. 1, 2018 – Apr. 1, 2018; www.aspensnowmass.com.
For media information and images, contact Promo Communications:
Maureen Poschman [email protected]
Melissa Wisenbaker [email protected]
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.