ASPEN FALL + WINTER 2017-2018 UPDATES
- United Airlines will extend flights from San Francisco (SFO) and Houston (IAH) through Labor Day, and American Airlines will extend service from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX) and Dallas-Forth Worth (DFW) through the first week of October.
- NEW! The Dancing Bear Aspen Mountainside building is the second and final phase of the private residence club. The new building features ten three-bedroom residences, a stunning 3,200 sq. ft. penthouse residence, a spa grotto and steam room, new restaurant, and more.
- NEW! The Little Nell’s guest rooms, premium guest rooms, and suites went through a refresh over spring 2017 by Champalimaud Design of New York.
- COMING SOON! W Aspen and The Sky Residences at W Aspen is slated to open for the 2018 winter ski season. The new hotel and residences will be designed by Nemaworkshop in partnership with local firm Rowland + Broughton Architecture and W’s in-house design team, offering 88 guestrooms and 11 W-branded fractional residences. Conveniently located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the development will also feature a 12,000 sq. ft. rooftop bar and pool with expansive views of Aspen Mountain.
- COMING SOON! Aspen Meadows Resort is breaking ground on renovations to the Reception Center beginning in August 2017. The new renovations will add in a modern touch while preserving key elements of the present architectural work. The renovations will include a new pavilion, an expanded all-weather restaurant space accommodating 100 additional guests, and an outdoor deck- all completed with a backdrop mountain view.
- COMING SOON! Hotel Jerome plans to renovate and expand with the recent purchase of the Aspen Times Building by adding eight keys by Dec. 2017 as well as new amenities including a revitalized courtyard between the two buildings with a pool deck and patio. (330 E. Main St.)
ART, CULTURE AND RETAIL NEWS
- NEW! The Aspen Historical Society’s renovation of their 3,000-square-foot archive building debuted in July 2017. The new facility features a community gallery space for exhibitions, educational programming, and events, plus increased and safeguarded storage for the town’s artifacts, photographs, and objects. In addition, a newly landscaped courtyard will increase indoor-outdoor event space. (620 W. Bleeker St.)
- Venice-based brand Aviator Nation is opening a sixth flagship store, and first location outside of California, in Aspen this June 2017. The Aspen store will provide athleisure clothing for both men and women. (308 S. Mill St.)
- The Little Nell opened a new boutique. inside the hotel with must-have souvenirs and luxe gifts including branded cashmere slippers, preserves from the pastry kitchen, Little Nell pet leashes, and more. (675 E. Durant Ave.)
- Valentina Kova, an artisanal brand based in New York, opened a store in Aspen over the past winter season offering luxury women’s clothing and knitwear. (208 S. Mill St.)
- Tesla opened a “gallery” for their electric cars this past winter in downtown Aspen on the Cooper Ave. mall. (422 E. Cooper Ave.)
- Only Nature Pet opened on the Cooper Ave. mall Dec. 2016. The store specializes in nature, organic and eco-friendly supplies and holistic health-care information for dogs and cats. (416 E. Cooper Ave.)
- Odd Molly, a women’s clothing line from Sweden, opened over the past winter season in downtown Aspen. The store is one of three North American flagships in Colorado. (613 E Cooper Ave.)
- Aspen Snowmass opened a new high-end logo store near the gondola plaza with logoed items such as Aspen Highlands Ski Patrol straps, high-end leatherwear, home goods, dog leases, and a plethora of clothing options. (555 E. Durant Ave.)
FOOD & WINE NEWS
- COMING SOON! Local resident and restaurateur David Roth plans to open Oakville Grocery Aspen, a new restaurant featuring farm first products serving up breakfast and lunch. Oakville Grocery will also offer specialty items for purchase including locally made breads, meats, cheese and more. (201 E. Main St.)
- COMING SOON! LA Hotspot, The Nice Guy, has plans to expand their second restaurant in Aspen. Operated by John Terzian and Brain Toll, The Nice Guy will feature Italian staples such as chicken marsala and pasta primavera along with an Aspen fan-favorite, truffle fries. This will be the second expansion of one of their LA venues as Terzian and Toll are also owners of Bootsy Bellows, a nightclub in Aspen.
- Shlomo returns to Aspen with the new Shlomo’s Bar & Grill serving up American and Mediterranean food. The family friendly restaurant offers affordable options for breakfast (including a gondola-menu-to-go), brunch, lunch and dinner. Shlomo’s Bar & Grill is located adjacent to the Silver Queen Gondola in the Residences at The Little Nell. (501 E. Dean St.)
- Home Team BBQ is located at the base of Buttermilk inside the Inn at Aspen. The casual and family friendly spot serves up breakfast, lunch, après, and dinner, with a variety of barbecue favorites, sliders, ribs, wings, locally sourced vegetables and salads. (38750 HWY 82)
WINTER SKI DEALS
This winter, there are incredible deals on lift tickets, ski and snowboard school lessons, equipment rentals, and complete vacation packages for the 2017-2018 ski season.
- Early Storm Package: Book a minimum of three, get one day free on adult lift tickets and up to 25% off lodging. Also includes rentals and lesson discounts. Book by Oct. 15, 2017: Valid Jan. 1 – Mar. 31st, 2018; www.stayaspensnowmass.com
- Kids Ski Free Package: Rent kids equipment (ages 7 – 12) from Four Mountain Sports, and receive one free kids lift ticket. Valid Jan. 1, 2018 – Apr. 1, 2018; www.aspensnowmass.com.
For media information and images, contact Promo Communications:
Maureen Poschman [email protected]
Melissa Wisenbaker [email protected]
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.